When your dog comes to J.M. Pet Resort for any of our services, Daycare, Boarding, Training or even Pet Sitting, your pet is immersed into our unique PLAYtrain® behavioral model.
What is PLAYtrain®?
This protocol, developed by professional dog trainer and Owner & Founder of J.M. Pet Resort, Jeni Mather, stimulates the dog’s brain and allows natural behaviors intended by nature for thousands of years as pack animals. During the PLAYtrain® process, each dog receives special socialization before they progress and are integrated into playgroups supervised by our trainers. Our dog trainers learn and study each of the dog’s behaviors and use positive motivational training.
PLAYtrain® staff certified in positive motivational training and active play supervise playgroups and identify appropriate body language, and enforce healthy play. Your dog will gain confidence from other dogs to become a more mentally and emotionally balanced dog.
We believe in the opportunity to learn the dog’s behavior, modify unwanted behavior, positively motivate good behavior, and build confidence while allowing your dog to be a dog. This is the key to a “healthy mind, healthy dog” success.
So don’t close the door behind as you go to work and leave Sparky home. Drop off your pooch for a day of PLAYtrain® at J.M. Pet Resort where your dog plays while receiving instruction toward healthy playing, all for the price of regular daycare. In addition, unlike other day care facilities where dogs are kept in one small room with multiple dogs all day long, rest periods are scheduled alternating with play time. Without these important rest and relaxation periods, dogs are more stressed at the end of the day because their time is spent trying to fend off the other dogs when what they really need was the chance for a break. We strive to achieve a normal balance for the everyday life of your dog!
PLAYtrain® Doggie Daycare Benefits
- Appropriate manners are instructed and applied into every day play
- Active dogs release energy; shy dogs learn to be sociable and confident; nervous dogs become calmer; overweight dogs increase their metabolism
- Results are happier, healthier dogs who will direct their energy towards good behavior
- Acquire social skills and gain confidence
- Proper outlet to release their energy
- Our slow introduction process allows dogs to feel comfortable, as to not overwhelm or over-exert
- At the end of the day you can enjoy their companionship and not have a dog demanding attention and exercise
- Your dog will arrive home happy, relaxed and tired!
We Have the Absolute Best Facility and Doggie Daycare Hours You’ll Find Anywhere
Daycare available 7 days a week Mon-Sat from 6AM-9PM and Sun: 9AM-7:30PM
- Over an acre of outdoor play area
- Two huge indoor spaces to play when the weather conditions are not ideal
- All indoor areas are climate-controlled
- Your pet is always supervised by our trained and caring staff
- Plenty of TLC, playtime, treats and potty walks
- Medication is administered for a nominal fee
- Pick up and drop off taxi service is available within the surrounding area at an additional fee
Our Knowledgeable Staff Can Help Your Dog with Issues Such As
- Separation anxiety
- Crate training
- Socialization skills
- Mild doggie aggression issues